Template:Software release version 2.5.1
- Multi frame rate capture - you can configure the camera to have a slower frame rate for the pitcher wind-up and follow through while having a high frame rate for analyzing the actual pitch. This reduces the time to save a video, the time to review a video, and also creates smaller video files.
- Background save LIFO - you can choose to save the oldest capture first (FIFO -- first in first out) or save the most recent capture first (LIFO -- last in first out).
- PocketRadar© support - camera can power the PocketRadar via the USB connect and PocketRadar can trigger the camera. PocketRadar configuration through the camera's web user interface is supported.
- When you browse to the camera, live view is displayed instead of the settings modal. This change was made because so many edgertronic cameras are now under computer control and when you close the settings modal, it changes the camera state (which can cause the controller computer to get confused).
- Camera name support - you can assign a human readable name to each camera. The name shows up on the web UI. You can include the name in the notes overlay and in the video file name.
- Recenter field of view - digital pan and tilt so you can adjust the camera's field of view without having to physically touch the camera. Useful when a camera is mounted in a stadium or on a pole.
- Rename last video - Allows captured video files to more easily integrate into video analysis software systems.
- Factory reset a camera by sending a command over the network.
Copy the v2.5.1rc20 update tarball file to the big SD card, power on the camera, and wait around 7 minutes for the camera to finish updating.
If you are updating from 2.4.1g6 or earlier, you will need to perform a factory reset after the update.
Build host: linux-vm Built by: tfischer Build date: 20210608075152 Build tag: ssc1 Build hash: 979cc268 Build version: v2.5.1rc20
Improvements since software release version 2.4.1:
- Multi frame rate capture - You can configure the camera to have a slower frame rate for the pitcher wind-up and follow through while having a high frame rate for analyzing the actual pitch. This reduces the time to save a video, the time to review a video, and also creates smaller video files.
- Background save LIFO - You can choose to save the oldest capture first (FIFO or first in first out) or save the most recent capture first (LIFO or last in first out).
- Recenter field of view - Digital pan and tilt so you can adjust the camera's field of view without having to physically touch the camera. Useful when a camera is mounted in a stadium or on a pole.
- Rename last file saved - Allows captured video files to more easily integrate into video analysis software systems.
- PocketRadar© support - Camera can power the PocketRadar via the USB connect and PocketRadar can trigger the camera. PocketRadar configuration through the camera's web user interface is supported.
- Camera naming support - You can assign a human readable name to each camera. The name shows up on the web UI. You can include the name in the notes overlay and in the video file name.
- To fix the defect where USB is occasionally not recognized when the camera is powered on, checking for USB devices is delayed until after the camera is running. This means the camera will lock onto SD card for video storage before USB storage is detected. Previously USB had priority if both were available at power on.
Improvements between v2.5.1rc13 and v2.5.1g4:
- Fixed defect that kept user added URLs from being loaded properly.
- Added /reboot and factory_reset, in a manner that they return a CAMAPI_STATUS code before the camera reboots. Add logic to hcamapi so you can optionally wait for the reboot to finish before hcamapi reboot() or factory_reset() returns.
- Added camconstant CAMAPI_STATUS_TIMEOUT=7, which is only used by hcamapi.
- NTP drift files now stored in non-volatile /mnt/rw file system for better time accuracy.
- Added /reboot2 and /factory_reset2 which are low level versions of /reboot and /factory_reset. They do not return a response, but may work if the camera is misbehaving to the point of not processing /reboot and /factory_reset properly. Intended as a backup for cases where the camera can not be physically reached.
- Added /trigger_hw, which has less jitter than /trigger, but at the expense that the return code doesn't indicate if a trigger actually occurred. Intended for use by user added URLs software running in the camera.
- Install HTML version of camconstants and hcampi documentation at http://10.11.12.13/static/sdk/camera
- Fixed webUI progress bar position after a capture is complete.
- Fixed webUI bubble help issue that kept encode quality low from being selectable.
201607011045 Power on camera with USB storage may cause camera to not properly detect available storage
If you have a USB flash thumb drive or USB hard disk connected directly to the camera and turn the camera on, depending on the USB device, the available storage will not be detected.
SDK API changes
- Added CAMAPI reconfigure_run(), which allow you to adjust settings that do not require a calibration. The key setting is ISO; you can increase or decrease the ISO over a limited range. The feature was added so you do not have to wait for all background saves to complete before being able to make a quick adjustment if a cloud goes over you stadium and the image becomes too dark.
- Added CAMAPI rename_last_video() against my better judgement. The best approach is to pass the desired filename before capturing a video. However, some customers have a use case where they don't know the desired filename until after the trigger event. Use with caution as getting out of sync with the trigger event stream means you are renaming the wrong videos.
- Added a series of new CAMAPI methods relating to adding content to the webUI.
- led_override(), which allows you to blink any pretty colors you desire. Intended to be used to indicate a supported device (such as PocketRadar©) was connected via USB, but defined in a very general way.
- accessory_state_update() - allows you to add, update, or remove an accessory from the list of installed accessories.
- get_accessory_list() - returns a list of installed accessories, along with their current state.
- write_file() and read_file() - you can save and retrieve content from the camera's file system. The intended use was to allow HTML contect to be downloaded to /tmp in support of the new rename_last_video(), but was defined in a general way. Most of the camera's file system is read-only, so you can only create files in /tmp, /mnt/rw, /mnt/usb, and /mnt/sdcard directories.
- As part of [extending edgertronic camera functionality] you can now add content to the webUI, such as a status box, a new tab in the settings modal, and a list of user settings. A lot of documentation needs to be written so you can use this cool feature. Send us an email if you find this feature intriguing and we will raise the priority so the documentation get created.
- The camera no longer ships with runtime controlled debug output. The optional debug output was removed to improve performance.
- You can replace the embedded web server (lighttpd) configuration file.
- 153 files changed, 11,287 insertions, 3,039 deletions